Podcast 007 – Jeannie Ewing – Patron Saint Game – College Crew
In this podcast:
Jeannie Ewing will join us to talk about her book, “From Grief to Grace”
We play a game about Saints. Andrea vs. Intern Riley!
Seminarians David and Mark will tell us about a great ministry for college age folks
Other Things From the Show:
St. Philip Neri Quote: “Let us always go to confession with sincerity, and take this as our rule – Never out of human respect to conceal anything from our confessor, however inconsiderable it may be.”
Top Three Tuesday: Women Saints
- St. Catherine of Siena — changed the world by writing letters, doctor of the Church
- St. Quiteria — sisters broke Christians out of prison, unwanted by her family
- Bl. Chiara Luce — refused pain medication to share in Christ’s suffering
- St. Mary Magdalene — she’s apostle to the apostles, serves so much in the gospels, posessed by demons
- St. Zelli Martin — perfect model of being a mom, love her honesty, working mom
- Mother Theresa — led a group of college students to Calcutta, example and witness to the “audacity of real love”
- Mother Theresa — queen of short quotes
- St. Clare — Franciscan, worked with some Poor Clares, who thought it their duty to pray for the world
- St. Therese of Lisieux – great saint by small things
Readings & Reflections: Be perfect like your heavenly father is perfect. – no big deal.
Unknown Saint of the Day: Joseph the Hymnographer – captured by pirates, forced into slavery, began a monastery, sent into exile, wrote 1000 hymns.
Catechism of the Week: CCC 1833 “Virtue is a habitual and firm disposition to do good.”