Podcast 243 – New Archbishop – Corpus Christi – Stephanie Patka – Thrivia Thursday – Religious Freedom
What happened on Corpus Christi Sunday?
Who are some Religious Freedom heroes?
In this podcast:
0:58 – We will take a look at the latest issue of Today’s Catholic for an update on things happening around the diocese, nation, and Catholic world as a whole
We welcome Stephanie Patka who brings with her more info on the USCCB meeting in Indy, who also gets a new Archbishop, and a Corpus Christi procession
18:10 – And, of course, Thrivia Thursday will get us 6 steps closer to being Catholic geniuses.
- St. John Fisher – “St. John Fisher: A Bishop, A King, A Nation”: http://www.marysdowryproductions.org/Saint_John_Fisher.html
- St. Thomas More – “A Man for All Seasons”: http://amzn.to/2rGxUwB
- St. John the Baptist – “Salome” (not really accurate, but it’s the one most about him): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxACwfP7AYM
- Bl. Oscar Romero – “Romero”: http://amzn.to/2sZDFJj
- Sts. Peter and Paul – “Peter and Paul”: https://www.amazon.com/Peter-Paul-DVD-Anthony-Hopkins/dp/B00009KYDL
- St. Perpetua – “The Saint Perpetua Story”: https://www.ignatius.com/Products/SPER-M/the-saint-perpetua-story.aspx
- Bl. Miguel Pro – “Padre Pro”: http://amzn.to/2sYt9md
- St. Maximilian Kolbe – “Life for Life: Maximilian Kolbe”: http://amzn.to/2suEzfP
- St. Edith Stein – “Edith Stein: The Seventh Chamber”: http://amzn.to/2typFnF
- St. Kateri Tekawkitha – “Kateri”: https://www.ignatius.com/Products/KATE-M/kateri.aspx
- and “In Her Footsteps”: https://www.ignatius.com/Products/IHFOOT-M/in-her-footsteps.aspx
Saint Quote of the Week:
“You must not abandon the ship in a storm because you cannot control the winds….What you cannot turn to good, you must at least make as little bad as you can.”
-St. Thomas More
O God our Creator,
from your provident hand we have received
our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
You have called us as your people and given us
the right and the duty to worship you, the only true God,
and your Son, Jesus Christ.
Through the power and working of your Holy Spirit,
you call us to live out our faith in the midst of the world,
bringing the light and the saving truth of the Gospel
to every corner of society.
We ask you to bless us
in our vigilance for the gift of religious liberty.
Give us the strength of mind and heart
to readily defend our freedoms when they are threatened;
give us courage in making our voices heard
on behalf of the rights of your Church
and the freedom of conscience of all people of faith.
Grant, we pray, O heavenly Father,
a clear and united voice to all your sons and daughters
gathered in your Church
in this decisive hour in the history of our nation,
so that, with every trial withstood
and every danger overcome—
for the sake of our children, our grandchildren,
and all who come after us—
this great land will always be “one nation, under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Listen to the podcast here: