Podcast 020 – Sister Veronica of Jesus – Modern or Midevil Game – Megan Swaim
In this podcast:
Capuchin Sister Veronica of Jesus shares the story of her own vocation and her best tips for discernment.
Game with Vince the Intern: Modern vs. Mideval
Megan Swaim from St. Pius X in Granger talks about some easy ways you can make mini-pilgrimages with your family.
Other Things From the Show (not in the podcast):
Happy Birthday to Andrea!
And Happy Feast of Saint Junipero Serra
International Joke: (Don’t ask why this is considered International, or from Sweden, it’s just what Kyle found on Google)
‘A guy phones the local hospital and yells, ‘You’ve gotta send help! My wife’s in labour!’
The nurse says, ‘Calm down. Is this her first child?’
He replies, ‘No! This is her husband!’
Kummer’s Corner: Fr. Bill Kummer join us to talk about politics and keeping the devotion in First Fridays.
- First Friday Devotion–St. Mary Margaret
- Develop a sense of trust through devotional practice
- We need not rely on them but they do help us
- Focuses us and keeps our devotion to the Eucharist strong
- Faith is not static–the devotion “spices up” our prayer life
- Lost devotional practices over the past generation or two; now have the lack of institutional support
- Find time in prayer daily; devotionals help us to do that
- Political Mess
- Patriotism is not a virtue
This month we celebrate the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Check out this Litany that we prayed.
Readings & Reflections: Matthew gets invited to a dinner, and there are all kind of sinful people there. Go figure.
Follow Friday: Follow Friday: @ND_EthicsCenter