Podcast 046 – Mikey Needleman Church Music and Bars – Seminarian Logan Parrish – Dr Mullally Contraception
In this podcast:
I’ll chat with musician, Mikey Needleman about his ministry of playing music at church, weddings, and bars.
Logan Parrish is a seminarian for the Fort Wayne South Bend Diocese andI chat with him about returning to seminary in our surprise phone call.
Dr. Andrew Mullally from Credo Family medicine returns to talk about contraception.
Other Things From the Show (not in the podcast):
Catholic FAQ: Why can’t women be priests?
- Difficult topic
- The priesthood shouldn’t be a position of power, but one of service
- Women play just as important roll in the church as men, only different
- Men and women are equal but not the same
- Like St. Paul referring to the Body of Christ, we have different gifts and rolls
- Please read Theology of the Body for info on gender differences http://amzn.to/2b1ll6d
- Christ came as a male (intentional, reveals something, not 50/50 chance)
- Priests are “In the Person of Christ”
- The Church is female (la iglesia), and is the Bride of Christ
- The priest is married to the church becoming the groom of the church
- A female priest would be playing the role of the groom, or would be a bride married to a bride, which would be a homosexual relationship, which cannot produce life
- It is not because women wouldn’t do a good job, but a simple issue of matter
- As the bread and wine are essential “matter” of the Eucharist (you can’t use oreos and orange juice), men are the “matter” of priesthood
- Jesus chose 12 men. He elevated many women and had the utmost respect for them, but didn’t choose them to be apostles.
- Ultimately, this is a teaching of the church, one which St. Pope John Paul II said, “the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women.”
- It isn’t possible, just as it isn’t possible for men to give birth to babies. Not because one gender is less, but because God created them different.
Readings & Reflections: Don’t get jealous that God is generous
Joke of the Week: Cindy provided
- Why did the physics teacher break up with the biology teacher? There was no chemistry.