Podcast 288 – St Vincent de Paul Society Daryl Dodane – USCCB on DACA – Review of The Good Place
How does SVDP serve?
What do the Bishops say about DACA?
In this podcast:
0:58 – Daryl Dodane will stop by to tell us all about the good work of the St. Vincent de Paul Society serving local communities across the diocese and beyond, and the upcoming Charity Fest
- 2017 Friends of the Poor Walk
Oct 8 – 5k at parkview field
Joe Schenkel 260-456-3561
- SVDP Charity Fest Saturday, September 30 at 5:30 PM – 10 PM
USF Performing Arts Center
431 W Berry St, Fort Wayne, IN 46802, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802
Call 260-494-0148 for reservations or purchase your tickets at the SVDP Thrift Store 1600 S Calhoun Sreet, Fort Wayne, IN
18:34 – We’ll discuss the recent decision of president Trump to end DACA or the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, and the Response from the US Bishops
- Fr. Daniel Groody on Immigration: www.kyleheimann.com/show286
- Truth in Charity with Bishop Rhoades – Dream Act: https://soundcloud.com/askbishop/tic-2017-august-30
11:54 – Andrea gives her review of the TV show, “The Good Place”
And subscribe to the Kyle Heimann show wherever you get podcasts or the Redeemer Radio App
Joke of the Week: Three Hymns
One Sunday, a pastor asked his congregation to consider giving a little extra in the offering plate. He said that whoever gave the most would be able to pick out three hymns.
After the offering plates were passed, the pastor noticed that someone had contributed a $100 bill. Extremely grateful, he wanted to personally thank the generous person before the whole congregation.
A quiet, elderly widow shyly raised her hand. The pastor asked her to come to the front. Slowly she made her way to the pastor. He told her how wonderful it was that she gave so much and asked her to pick out three hymns.
Her eyes brightened as she pointed to the three handsomest men in the congregation: “I’ll take him and him and him.”
Prayer For Migrants And Refugees:
Lord Jesus, help us by your grace,
- To banish fear from our hearts, that we may embrace each of your children as our own brother and sister;
- To welcome migrants and refugees with joy and generosity, while responding to their many needs;
- To realize that you call all people to your holy mountain to learn the ways of peace and justice;
- To share of our abundance as you spread a banquet before us;
- To give witness to your love for all people, as we celebrate the many gifts they bring.
We praise you and give you thanks for the family you have called together from so many people. We see in this human family a reflection of the divine unity of the one Most Holy Trinity in whom we make our prayer: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.
Holy Cross College Textline: 260-436-9598
Listen to the podcast here: