Podcast 312 – Bishop James Conley – Praying With Kids Kathy Fech – Bible Haiku Game
What books does Bishop Conley suggest?
How do we teach prayers to our kids?
In this podcast:
0:58 – I will share a conversation I had with Bishop James Conley when I was in Denver about physicians, truth and love, and his book recommendations
- Cheap Sex http://amzn.to/2yBJrnK
- Strangers in a Strange Land http://amzn.to/2xuatNL
- The Power of Silence http://amzn.to/2ydh5PF
- The Benedict Option http://amzn.to/2yDRlgE
- Out of the Ashes http://amzn.to/2xvi3ri
- CMA www.cathmed.org
15:05 – Our catechist friend, Kathy Fech joins us to talk about teaching prayers to your children with expectations from the Bishops and tips on how to get youth engaged
- Bishop’s prayer suggestions www.diocesefwsb.org/Catechetical-Curriculum-Guidelines
- wooden prayer blocks http://amzn.to/2xwvqD6
29:23 – And on Tuesdays, we play a game to help us learn about the faith so get ready for some haikus
Catechism Paragraph of the Week:
438 Jesus’ messianic consecration reveals his divine mission, “for the name ‘Christ’ implies ‘he who anointed’, ‘he who was anointed’ and ‘the very anointing with which he was anointed’. The one who anointed is the Father, the one who was anointed is the Son, and he was anointed with the Spirit who is the anointing.‘”His eternal messianic consecration was revealed during the time of his earthly life at the moment of his baptism by John, when “God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power”, “that he might be revealed to Israel”as its Messiah. His works and words will manifest him as “the Holy One of God”.
Holy Cross College Textline: 260-436-9598
Listen to the podcast here: